Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tearing Down the Israeli Apartheid Wall in Occupied Palestine

Yesterday marked the 20th anniversary of  fall of the Berlin wall. In occupied Palestine, Palestinians and internationals decided to honor this event by tearing down a section of their apartheid wall in Qalandiya, which cuts off Palestinians from entering into Jerusalem. I was fortunate enough to be an observer with my camera and was able to capture the fall of this wall which has been one of the proudest moments in my life.

I am also posting a link to the video of the event, filmed by my good friend and 'brother', Haitham Al Katib.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaBpvauMFLU

Scaling the apartheid wall.
Palestinian and international activists tearing down the wall.
The fall of the Israeli apartheid wall!
Victorious activist celebrate in the breached wall before rushing into Israeli territory. 

1 comment: