Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Future's Children

In my life I am lucky to have the presence of some amazing children. I often observe these care-free spirits laughing and playing games only they understand. When I look at these children I cannot help but think of the mess they are inheriting. I wonder what they will do with the aftermath of our mistakes. I think of all the children who were not born into a comfortable life, who are forced so young to work 12 hour days for one dollar-or Less and my heart hurts! Children who salvage their toys from trashed washed up on the shore and who sometimes go days with one or no meals, who will never know what it was like to be a care-free 5 year old.


Throughout my future travels I will attempt to capture the amazing resilience children have to situations in which their survival seems impossible to others. We can learn a great many things from watching children interact with the world; and their imaginations open inspiring windows into their hearts. I would like to share with you one of the many children in my life that has inspired me to work for the rights of children all over the globe.


Subscribe to my blog to stay posted with my work and future projects. Feel free to comment and ask questions, I will respond as soon as I am able!




Olympia, WA


Olympia, WA

1 comment:

  1. These wonderful words and pictures completely captured my heart. May Allah(swt) bless you for what you are doing. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you!

    Thank you for this gift!

    ReplyDelete